PLEASE NOTE – This is BRUSH ONLY – the images supplied are examples
THIS IS A DIY INSTALLATION – PLEASE FULLY READ OUR FAQ’S
Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
Busy Bee Brushware has developed the ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip to assist in damage prevention while towing. It acts as a secondary line of defence against stones and bounce-back.
The most frustrating thing for Aussie Caravaners and Travellers is having the front of their shiny new caravan, trailer or boat damaged with unsightly dings and stone chips. How often do you hear that someone’s travel experience has been set back by stones bouncing back and smashing the back window or tail lights of their 4WD or towing vehicle?
What is it?
Our ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip is a brush system set into a sturdy plastic (HDPE) backing (45mm x 25mm) that can be mounted under the vehicle, or on an extended tow bar hitch of your 4WD or towing vehicle via a metal bracket (not included). Our unique bristle design of our brush strip allows for greater airflow and less drag than traditional mud flaps.
The ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip is proudly licenced with the Australian Made Campaign official logo, be wary of inferior imitations.
Comes in 4 standard lengths, 1200mm, 1500mm, 2000mm, 2400mm, and you can chose your brush trim length from 150mm to 400mm.
Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions
We welcome your enquiry to discuss your specific needs.
Fitting your ROCK OFF®
A couple of tips we can give you:
- The backing of the brush is made from heavy duty plastic, however it does not have a grain so will need a Metal Angle bracket or C channel for structural support, particularly when you are mounting onto the back of your vehicle. Without the structural support, you may experience vibration or shuddering at higher speeds.
- The area on the backing of the brush that is above where the tufts are stapled can be drilled so you can bolt the brush to the Metal structural support.
- Measure the overall drop from where you plan to mount the Brush, take off 100mm for clearance to the road, then take off 45mm for the backing of the brush. That will be the “brush trim length” that you need to go with
- Most customers feedback is that the brush can be mounted with anywhere from 100mm to 200mm clearance from the road.
- Remember this is a plastic bristle brush, so needs to be mounted away from the exhaust pipe. Both the heat of the exhaust pipe and the hot fumes that come from it can distort the bristles. If you can mount the brush under the exhaust or behind the exhaust that is the best option. We recommend you contact a local exhaust specialist for advice.
- The ROCK OFF® Towing Brush Strip can also be cut into pieces and mounted under the caravan as a secondary protection zone for your caravan’s pipework. Mark the area of the backing where you wish to cut; using pliers remove one of the brush tufts underneath and that will give you sufficient clearance to use a saw to cut the backing.
If you are not sure of how to fit your ROCK OFF, we recommend you contact your local 4WD after market specialist, trailer specialist or engineer/fitter who could give you some advice as to the best way to fit to your vehicle.
Stone Guard for Caravan
Protect Your Caravan: Why Should You Invest In ROCK OFF?
At Busy Bee Brushware, we know our customers adore their campervans, caravans, and boats. The last thing they want or need is rocks and stones bouncing off the front of the vehicle, resulting in ugly scratches, dents, or broken lights and windows. We knew someone had to do something about the issue, so we decided to design and develop ROCK OFF, Busy Bee Brushware’s patented solution to damage prevention. Keep reading about our innovative stone guard for a caravan to figure out whether or not to invest in ROCK OFF.
Signs You Might Need a Stone Guard for a Caravan
It’s only natural to want to protect your vehicle in any way you can. Chances are you keep your caravan or campervan parked in a garage, shed, or undercover when it’s not in use, so why wouldn’t you invest in its protection when it’s on the road? Here are a few signs you might benefit from a camper trailer stone guard.
- If you’ve ever had to stop your trip due to damage. There is nothing worse than stopping mid-journey to deal with a broken window, headlight, or tail light because a stray rock has wreaked havoc. ROCK OFF caravan stone deflector prevents these unwanted mishaps from occurring, allowing you to enjoy your holiday without worrying about your caravan.
- If your caravan is incurring superficial damage. If you’re sick of arriving at your destination and seeing dents and scratches on the front of your caravan, ROCK OFF caravan stone protection is the answer for which you’ve been searching.
- If you’re looking for extra protection on the underside of your caravan. ROCK OFF can be cut into pieces and mounted on the bottom of your caravan to protect pipework and mechanics under the vehicle from stones and debris.
What Makes The ROCK OFF Stone Guard For Caravans Different From Mudflaps?
There are a few critical differences between ROCK OFF stone guard for caravans and traditional mud flaps.
- Less drag. ROCK OFF’s brushes are far lighter than mud flaps, allowing greater airflow and creating less drag.
- Absorbs impact. Mudflaps tend to bounce stones off in unpredictable directions, whereas ROCK OFF’s bristles absorb the impact of the rocks, taking the force out of them.
ROCK OFF caravan stone guards is also different from spray suppressants. Spray suppressants are traditionally found on trucks, trailers, and buses. They’re designed to reduce the amount of water picked up by trucks, thereby improving visibility for other road users. ROCK OFF camper trailer stone guard has softer bristles, more flexible backing, and is far stronger than spray suppressants as it was developed to absorb the impact of rocks.
Tips for Installing the Stone Guard for a Caravan
While we recommend going to a mechanic, car specialist, or fitter to help you attach ROCK OFF caravan stone deflector to your vehicle, we have some tips for those wanting to try it themselves.
- When Busy Bee Brushware refers to ‘brush trim’, we are talking about the exact length of the bristle. So, when measuring for length, you’ll need to take into account the brush trim and the length of the backing.
- Make sure to mount the brush anywhere that has 100mm to 200mm clearance from the road.
- As the plastic bristles on ROCK OFF’s stone guard for caravans aren’t heat resistant, you’ll need to mount the brush away from the exhaust pipe. Failure to do so will result in distortion of the bristles and inconsistency in regards to effectiveness.
If Your Caravan Needs Protection, Buy Busy Bee Brushware’s Caravan Stone Deflector
At Busy Bee Brushware, we’re proud to be an Australian manufacturer. Our close relationships with businesses in the brushware and plastics industries allow us to keep our manufacturing processes within Australia. ROCK OFF stone guard for a caravan was designed, developed, and manufactured in Australia, so you can be sure you’re investing in a 100% Aussie product. If you’re interested in learning more about ROCK OFF feel free to contact us. Otherwise, if you’re looking for caravan stone guards for sale, check out ROCK OFF, available in Busy Bee Brushware’s online store right now.