- Ideal for fuel stoves and barbeques and installing fibreglass rope, filling holes, cracks or sealing flues.
- Ensures smoke and gas tight joints.
- Pre-mixed – ready to use
- Air dries in 24 hours
- Heat resistant to 1400 degrees C
- Black in colour
Available in 400gm plastic tub
How to use FireWise Black Patch Stove Putty
- Clean the area to be filled/fixed removing any loose material & rust.
- Mix Black Patch Stove Putty thoroughly until even consistency is reached.
- Apply with putty knife or suitable tool.
- Allow 24 hours to dry.
- Keep lid tightly closed & store away from heat when not in use.
Can it be applied to a hot stove?
We suggest applying Black Patch Stove Putty to a cool – warm stove not a warm – hot stove.
Is Black Patch Stove Putty suitable for outdoor use?
Yes, providing that it is fully air dried for at least 24 hours prior to getting wet.
Can pregnant woman use it?
Yes, anything that can cause fetal abnormalities has to be stated, by law, globally.
What temperature is the product effective to?
How long after applying product can I use my heater?
Blackpatch requires 24hours to air dry. You can use the heater after that.
I have young kids and the glass on the fire place has cracked so I am not going to replace it, can I use Black Patch to repair it?
Yes, if you don’t mind the black colour.
What is the difference between Hotspot and Black patch?
The colour (hot spot is a sandy colour, black patch is black – ideal for cast irons).
Do I need to wet the bricks first?
If not right consistency for required application, can I add water to product?
Yes but only very small amount – couple of drops only.
How do I clean up any spills?
Wash down with water, as this product is water based.
Do I need to wait until the woodburner/pipes are cool before I use the Black Patch Stove Putty?
Yes, the woodburner/pipes need to cool before application and wait 24 hours before starting the fire again.