- Ideal for setting firebricks, installing and repairing fireplaces, chimneys and BBQs.
- Designed for replacing and/or repairing fireplace bricks.
- Ensures smoke and gas tight joints.
- Easy ready-to-use mortar
- Air dries in 24 hours
- Heat resistant to 1400 degrees C
- Sandstone colour
It is pre-mixed in sizes, 400gm, 1kg and 4kg
How to use our Hot Spot Ready To Use Mortar
- Clean the area to be filled or fixed, removing any loose material and dust.
- Mix Hot Spot Redi to use Mortar thoroughly until even consistency is reached.
- Wet (with water) area to be repaired and then apply Hot Spot Redi to use Mortar with a trowel or suitable tool.
- Allow 24 hours to air dry.
- Keep lid tightly closed and store away from heat when not in use.
Can pregnant woman use it?
Yes, anything that can cause fetal abnormalities has to be stated, by law, globally.
What temperature is the product effective to?
How long after applying product can I use my heater?
Hot Spot Redi-Mortar requires 24hours to air dry. You can use the heater after that.
Is hot spot ok for use on an outside BBQ?
Yes, Hot Spot can be used if it is cured and dried. Protect from rain/moisture for 24 hrs until curing process is complete. It is not as strong as instant brick.
What is the difference between Hotspot and Black patch?
The colour (hot spot is a sandy colour, black patch is black – ideal for cast irons).
Is Redi-Mortar suitable to repair a smashed up fire box in a Kamodo Cooker?
Yes in principle it should hold all the pieces together, but we have never tested our product in this situation.
Is Hot Spot Ready To Use Mortar suitable for outdoors?
Yes, providing that it is fully air dried for at least 24 hours prior to getting wet.