- Australia’s #1 Chimney and Flue Cleaner
- Trusted for over 35 years
- Dissolves tar and creosote that has accumulated over time
- Increases heater efficiency and reduces smoke emissions
- Regular use prevents build-up of tar, creosote and soot
- Helps to prevent dangerous flue fires.
- Non-hazardous and non-flammable
- Non-corrosive organic solvent
- Independently tested & proven to work.
FireWise Soot-Loose makes cleaning your chimney/flue quick and easy, Soot-Loose is based on a non-flammable, non-hazardous, non-corrosive organic solvent which travels up the chimney or flue and dissolves the tar and creosote that has accumulated over time. With regular use Soot-Loose will prevent the build up of tar, creosote and soot in your chimney/flue, while increasing efficiency of your heater, reducing it’s smoke emissions and preventing dangerous flue fires. Unlike salt based flue cleaners, Soot-Loose will not corrode stainless steel flues.
Single Sachet, Boxes of 3 or 250gm Tin available
How to use our chimney & flue cleaner
- Make a good hot fire and allow it to die down to hot coals.
- Adjust unit, if possible, so airflow is travelling up the flue slowly.
- Place sealed sachet of Soot-Loose on the hot coals (no need to cut sachet open, as packet will burn during process). If using a tin: Place 2 heaped tablespoons on the hot coals.
- After 15-20 minutes, the process is complete.
- Re-ignite the fire to allow any loose soot remaining in the flue to be flushed out.
- CAUTION – In the case of an open fireplace: Place a guard in front of the fireplace to protect any persons, floor coverings or furniture, as hot soot may fall from the chimney/flue back into and around the hearth.
- If the chimney/flue is heavily sooted, use 2 sachets of Soot-Loose in a single application.
- When using your heating unit regularly, Soot-Loose should be used once per week.
A yearly inspection of your chimney/flue by a professional is recommended.