Replace your existing Skylight Diffuser – its a great way to improve the look and feel of your home
Made from soft 3mm Opal Frost Acrylic Plastic Sheet, it is easy to install into your existing skylight surround. Comes in round, square or rectangle shape. Square and rectangle sheet have a corner radius for easy handling. We can do custom cut to size.
- 300mm x 300mm
- 350mm x 350mm
- 400mm x 400mm
- 450mm x 450mm
- 500mm x 500mm
- 550mm x 550mm
- 600mm x 600mm
- 650mm x 650mm
- 700mm x 700mm
- 750mm x 750mm
- 800mm x 800mm
- 900mm x 900mm
Custom Sizes available: please contact us with your measurements. Or you can choose one size larger than needed, but when you are in our Shopping Cart/Checkout let us know in your purchase comments the size that you would like to have cut.
Packaging: We flat pack the Skylight Diffuser in heavy duty cardboard to protect it during transit. The Skylight Diffuser will also have a protective film on both sides which you peel off prior to installation. If you have trouble removing the film, try sticking some tape near the edge to lift the film and peel off.
Installation: Simply remove your existing Skylight Diffuser by lifting the sheet upwards in one corner and gently manoeuvre it from the frame. Our Square and Rectangle sheets have a radius corner which makes fitting simple and easy. Always take care with your hands, as the sheet can have sharp edges.
Skylight Diffuser Replacement
Do You Need A Skylight Diffuser Replacement?
Skylights are a stunning addition to any home, allowing gorgeous sunlight to brighten up any room. We don’t blame you if you’ve been enjoying the natural light without really thinking about a skylight diffuser replacement. There’s a chance you didn’t even know your skylight diffusers needed replacing! The team here at Busy Bee Brushware offer custom-sized skylight diffusers, so no matter how big or small your skylight, we can find a solar tube diffuser replacement. If you’re wondering whether or not your tube skylight diffuser needs replacing, have a read through our handy guide.
Signs You Need a Skylight Diffuser Replacement
There are a handful of tell-tale signs that will let you know when it’s time your solar tube diffuser needs replacing, so make sure you keep an eye out for the following:
- Cracks. If your solar tube diffuser is cracking, it’s a clear sign that it’s time to replace it. Cracks are caused by several things such as exposure to extreme temperatures, falling branches or debris, and age.
- Heat or cold transfer. Despite the fact your skylight lets in sunlight, it shouldn’t be making the room unbearably hot. If heat is getting in, or cold air is escaping, you need to replace your solar tube light diffuser.
- Water leaks. Dripping water is a good indicator that your tubular skylight diffuser needs replacing, and quickly. A leaking skylight has the potential to cause water damage, especially if left through storm season. You can detect leaks by keeping an eye out for dripping or pooling water, water stains close to the light, bulging or cracking paint on the wall or roof, mould, or a musty smell.
The Benefits of Replacing Your Skylight Diffuser
If your solar tube diffuser needs replacing, it’s far more beneficial to you and your home to get it done sooner rather than later.
- Prevent damage to your home. If you notice signs of aging or discolouration on your skylight, looking into having it replaced as soon as possible. If left for too long, you may incur water damage or damage to your skylight.
- Save money long-term. Old or broken skylight diffusers will cause the temperature of your rooms to fluctuate, resulting in higher heating and cooling bills.
- Brighter lighting. If you’ve had your skylight for as long as you can remember, chances are the diffuser hasn’t been replaced. You’d be amazed at how discoloured they can get, filtering in dimmer light. When you change your tubular skylight diffuser, you’ll find the room will brighten dramatically.
How to Install Your Skylight Diffuser Replacement
Installing your skylight diffuser replacement is easier than you might think, and you can do it yourself! Just follow Busy Bee Brushware’s guide for installation, and you’ll get it done before you know it.
- Step 1: Measure your existing skylight and take note of the shape.
- Step 2: Let the team at Busy Bee Brushware know exactly what you’re after. We specialise in custom orders, so no matter how big or small you require your solar tube light diffuser, we can handle it.
- Step 3: Remove the old skylight diffuser by lifting the sheet upwards in one corner and gently manoeuvring from the frame. Consider wearing gloves for this step, as the edges of skylight diffusers can be sharp.
- Step 4: Install your new sheet by gently manoeuvring it into the edges of the skylight until it’s sitting within the frame.
- Step 5: Step back and enjoy the fresh, bright light pouring into the room.
When You Need a Solar Tube Diffuser, Contact Busy Bee Brushware
Busy Bee Brushware has been designing, manufacturing, and selling brushware and plastic goods to homeowners and commercial and industrial businesses all over Australia for over 35 years. We’re proud to be an Australian manufacturer. Our close relationships with businesses in the brushwares and plastics industries allow us to keep all our manufacturing processes within Australia, so when you buy products with Busy Bee Brushware, you’re investing in an Australian-owned and operated business. If you’re looking for a solar tube diffuser replacement, Busy Bee Brushware can help you out. Check out our range online today!