Acetal is a hard engineering plastic with high tensile strength and rigidity, excellent machining ability and versatility of application. Acetal is suitable for use in components where exceptional strength is needed for above average temperature or moisture levels.
Also known as Delrin, Ertacetal, Sustarin
Need a different size?
Contact Us to discuss your options. Minimum quantity requirements apply.
Want some more colour in your life?
Click here for Coloured Acetal Rod
NOTES FOR MACHINING NYLONS, ACETALS, PVC and PETP (for diameters > 90mm)
Please note the following guidelines to reduce the risk of stress cracking or splitting!!!
- Heat generated by cutting tools can lead to the release of processing stresses so it is important for coolants to be used.
- When turning, using carbide tipped tools as used to aluminium and alloys, deploy a clearance angle of 6-10 degrees, a positive rake angle of 0-5 degrees and a side angle of 45-60 degrees.
- Drill a pilot hole of maximum 12mm using 500-800rpm and a positive feed of 0.5mm per revolution. It may be required that negative relief on the drill cutting edges be applied.
- Secondary drilling at 400-500rpm at 0.20mm to 0.50mm per revolution is required to expand the hole to larger diameters to accommodate a boring bar.
- When boring and turning a feed rate of 0.10mm to 0.30mm is recommended.