PLEASE CONTACT US to discuss your particular application and to confirm stock availability.
BLACK or NATURAL (WHITE)
For longer lengths or larger quantities, please contact us.
NOTES FOR MACHINING NYLONS, ACETALS, PVC and PETP (for diameters > 90mm)
Please note the following guidelines to reduce the risk of stress cracking or splitting!!!
- Heat generated by cutting tools can lead to the release of processing stresses so it is important for coolants to be used.
- When turning, using carbide tipped tools as used to aluminium and alloys, deploy a clearance angle of 6-10 degrees, a positive rake angle of 0-5 degrees and a side angle of 45-60 degrees.
- Drill a pilot hole of maximum 12mm using 500-800rpm and a positive feed of 0.5mm per revolution. It may be required that negative relief on the drill cutting edges be applied.
- Secondary drilling at 400-500rpm at 0.20mm to 0.50mm per revolution is required to expand the hole to larger diameters to accommodate a boring bar.
- When boring and turning a feed rate of 0.10mm to 0.30mm is recommended.